.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Pregnancy Brain

On top of all the "wonderful" things of pregnancy there was one thing that I thought I was bound and determined to not be affected by...if it really happened. So many people warned me of this "pregnancy brain" that you get, however I just thought they were crazy. I have a wonderful memory how in the world could my pregnancy take that away! Well I think I spoke way to soon! Here are a few of the "fun" experiences I have so far encountered that my husband thinks is hilarious...I just don't think so!


1) A few weeks ago I was heading to a YW meeting and on my way there I completely forgot where the house I was going to was. Let's remember I have been there several times before and yet I still had no idea. I was lost! I had to call Lareme to give me directions!


2) Today I went to school to drop off some things I forgot yesterday. As I got out of my car, I went to the back seat to look for some papers. From the time I got out of my car to go the the back seat I had already forgotten where my keys were. I looked for about 10-15 minutes and then called Lareme to see if he could help me find my keys! After about 20 minutes I found them under some papers in my back seat! Who knew? (Not to mention this whole week, I dedicated to cleaning out my classroom and everyday this week I forgot something I was suppose to bring...go figure)


3) I was cleaning off the table and I ran into some letters I was suppose to send to all my YW parents...oh wait I was suppose to send them a month ago! WOW I have really lost it.


4) For the last semester my students got used to finding all the items I need to teach. It was a regular daily occurance that I couldn't find something I just put down. The worst part is when you have parents in the room and you want to be on top of your game but you can't remember anything for the life of you.


The list can go on...these are just a few of the wonderful experiences of pregnancy! Haha I'm trying to make it light since it hasn't been the best experience for me. I am officially on my 1st week of not really being sick...it only took 22 weeks to get there. Now instead of being sick I get to feel like a beach whale each morning when I wake up! haha!


On a more positive note I get to watch my tummy bounce up and down as my little Ryan punching and kicks me. It's actually quite amuzing! When I really want to get her going I just gotta eat some ice cream or candy and I'm good to go. Lareme got to feel her kick for the first time last week which was kind of exciting. He's not to sure of the whole thing yet, (He got a little freaked out haha) but I'm sure he'll get used to it after awhile.
Here is a picture of Lareme and I on Easter. It was a little over a month ago. I haven't really taken many pictures of my belly, but as requested here is one of the few. When I have a more up to date picture I'll make sure I add it.

3 comments:

Lindsee said...

Yeah, just this morning I put on 2 completely different shoes and almost left the house in them. I here ya! I looked it up: no studies have been done on short term memory loss during pregnancy...but most women report it. It's a relief to know other pregnant women are just as crazy as I am ! :)

Carter Family said...

Okay Mrs. Pregnancy Brain don't forget the time that you called me twice within 15 minutes to tell me the same thing! :? Hey since we are on the topic of forgetting and seeing that you finally downloaded the Easter pictures...can you send me some please. OH and just to let you know that after you have Ryan you will still forget things!!

Nicole Palmer said...

I think "pregnancy brain" gets worse AFTER the baby comes - so good luck with that LOL!! You look so cute - I'm glad you posted a picture. What is your calling in YW's?