.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Fessler Happenings

So school is officially over! I taught my last day of first grade on Friday! It was a bitter sweet...I'm excited to start my life as a stay home mom but I'm sad to leave teaching and watching my kiddos grow but physically and academically. You really begin to get attached to your kids! So this next week its doing all the final paperwork and close out of my classroom and I am officially job free! Well kind of...I'm going to put in some hours at my previous job each week so I guess I'm not completely job free...that day won't come until little Ryan Nicole is here.

So as I begin this life of being partially job free, these are the goals I have set...lets see how I do
1) Learn to sew
2) Deep clean my house
3) Paint the doors and floorboards of my house
4) Upgrade the kitchen
5) Possible get our house ready to sell...if we find something within the stake
6) Paint and decorate Ryan's room
7) Begin the plan for my emergent literacy preschool that will open in Fall 2010

But we'll see...hopefully all goes well and I can say all were accomplished!

So now to the whole moving scenario! Yes, Lareme and I have been talking about moving forever and have been waiting for the market to drop so we could finally buy a home at a reasonable price. Well what time is better than now...people need to rent...we have a great house to rent and tons of houses are under forclosure...well let's just say all didn't work out like I planned. For those that don't know the whole story here is the basis...we prayed about it...felt like we should move sometime in August (right before Ryan comes..doesn't sound like fun). All the houses I was looking at were futher south and that would be out of the stake and when the stake president found out he told us to seriously pray about it. So Lareme being the obedient guy he is does this and feels that we shouldn't move..Little does he know he is about to be put in the high counsel. So long story short we are back to square one to see if we should move, but obviously somewhere within the stake. So we'll see...

Today was a very spiritual experience as Lareme was ordained a high preist and then set apart to be in the high counsel. The spirit was very strong in the room. I really began thinking about how special this little baby inside me must be to come into a home with parents who love her and to have a father as spiritual as Lareme. He is going to be an amazing dad. Sometimes I wonder how did I get so lucky to marry such a righteous young man.

I just want to thank all my family who came out to support Lareme and had dinner with us afterwards. It was really nice to spend time with everyone, since I don't get to very often since school always kept me so busy!

and yes I will post prego pictures eventually... I just don't have the engery to download them as we speak.

2 comments:

Jensen Family said...

i love this post! how nice to be done with school..bittersweet! and larm is in high council!! wow! thats awesome! if youwant any help with your projects let me know k! i wanna see your prego belly. so lets play soon.

Gina said...

wow - he is a YOUNG high councilman!! I am so happy for you and all your new adventures. I love you Dawn! You will be an amazing mother!