.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Life of a teacher!

So the last three weeks I have been busy with my life as a teacher. I officially have all respect for teachers that decorate their classrooms! Lareme has also been a great help between taking furniture over, cutting out file folder games, punching out letters, laminating, and coloring the dreaded file folder games. I have also gotten help from my family...thankfully :) I started my contract on Wednesday and have been doing the finishing touches on my classroom. Here are some pictures of what my classroom looks like so far. This is a picture of my back wall. I am still in the process of getting posters for my reading group area. This is a picture of my back corner and my lack of storage. I must say I miss the whole wall of storage that was available in gilbert. To the right of my sink I will be putting our classroom pet frog...notice its is the only white wall.

This is the other corner, my calendar wall and my library. Yes I know the borders aren't straight :) I am too short to be putting this stuff up. It adds character. I am still in the process of getting some last minute stuff for the calendar as well...but it is almost finished.

This is a picure from the doorway. In the corner I have my library.
This is a picture of the front of my classroom. I have two white boards and a smart board in the center. Below them I have three centers and shape posters.
Here is my corner..which obviously has not yet been finished...I have a large 4'X3.5' memory board that I made on the floor that I will be putting up in that big white space. I have still to straighten up my area but its coming slowly but surely. :)

This is the last wall...I have my computer station, writing center, and star student bulletin. I just bought more posters for my writing station :)


Here we are at the entrance/exit of my classroom. On the back of the bookshelf I have a frog poster that I will put a morning message or directions on for when the kids come in first thing in the morning. I have also have the four color of lily pads for my behavior management, my job chart and my froggie hall passes.

You have officially toured my entire classroom haha. This is where I'm at now but my open house is on Friday so I will update the final pictures.

7 comments:

Jensen Family said...

ok i'm glad you have a blog! and your classroom is so cute! i'm so happy for you! maybe one day if i finish college i'll have a class room too :)

Anita said...

Your classroom is looking good! You are such the perfectionist!

jord and kate said...

Dawn your class room is looking so cute! ia m so excited for you!

shabbyscrapper said...

looks great! youv'e been working many, many hours to get it up and running like that!your kids will be lucky to have you as their teacher. i remember all the years i helped in my kids' classrooms and the hundreds of hours spent making visual aids. good luck with the new year!

Jodi said...

I love first grade, I am so glad it all worked out for you. I have a first grader this year! He is so excited for school to start. Your Frog theme is darling. Good luck with it all. You'll be the favorite. Hey, I wanted to invite you to my blog, will you send me your email. Mine is jodidietz6@aol.com Thanks and good luck with the new school year.

Melissa said...

Cute classroom... I wish you were my teacher!

Unknown said...

Awww! You ganna make me want to be a little kid teacher. That took me back to when i was in elementary.
PS: My e-mail is Blondiemomcg@yahoo.com e-mail me and I'll send you an invite. :)